Sweet miso soup in a paper pot over charcoal
Posted by Picasa

Comments

charles said…
ooh, the paper pot looks cool, i've never had seen it before.

does middle school = junior high? that's when you were in the bay area, right? or were you still in taiwan at that time?
Albertitto said…
Apparently paper pots have been around for quite a while. I seem to remember it from my visit to Taiwan during my Cornell years. Not to be dorky, but as soon as I saw it I was thinking: hmm...how do they calculate the rate of water absorption into the paper and water evaporation from the flame so that the paper doesn't burn :P

When I said middle school I meant junior high, so it was my 7th-9th grade, which was in Taiwan. I didn't come to the US until the middle of my 11th grade.

Popular posts from this blog

Iceberg Lettuce with Oyster Sauce 蠔油生菜

Whole wheat sandwich bread (Pullman loaf)

One of my favorite Cantonese desserts - mango, pomelo, and tapioca "soup" (楊枝甘露)